Here are current and upcoming volunteer opportunities at Inclusion Inc. For more information, please call Becky or Amera at 503-232-2289, or email us at email@example.com.
- Female customer in SE Portland (TM) looking for companionship for walks, outings, and activities in the community. She is interested in taking walks in her neighborhood, finding an art class, going to museums or art exhibits, shopping/thrifting for clothes and household goods, learning to cook, going to movies, visit the library, and attending inclusion activities (Full Life dances, workshops, and other free events).
- Female customer in SE Portland (RM) needs training around caring for an infant (born in August) and parenting skills. She is a single mom.
- Male customer in SE Portland (WB) wants to start his own janitorial business. He needs support setting up a business and wants to attend small business workshops.
- Male customer in SE Portland (JW) would like to make new friends and become more involved in the community. His favorite activities include swimming and following the Portland Trailblazers. He would also like to learn more about cooking and computers.
- Male customer in SE Portland (RW) would like companionship to go sightseeing and to watch movies with. He would also like to learn more about home security. Getting more involved in the community is also something this customer would like to eventually do. The volunteer must have a good understanding of how to communicate with someone who has a developmental disability and mental health needs.
- Male customer in SE Portland (CB) would like someone to keep him company. He likes to go for walks, play board games, take cooking classes and possibly join a social club. He is also interested in music and doing other things that are age appropriate (he is in his mid seventies).
- Female customer in SE Portland (SK) would like companionship and to get more involved in the community. She would like to: take walks, go dancing , join a choir, go shopping, cook, go on picnics and to go to cheer leading events. Her other interests include: computer training, gardening, arts and crafts, photography as well as join a social club.
- Male customer in North Portland (JR) would like help finding resources in the community. His goal is to become a video game tester.
- Female customer in Gresham (AL) would like help in getting her Driver’s License. She would like someone to go over the Drivers Manual with her. She also enjoys watching movies, shopping and computers.
- Female customer in SE Portland (RR) would like a companion to access the community with. Her interests include: going out to eat, going to the movies, dancing and bowling. She is also interested in arts and crafts, taking cooking classes, computer training, book club and social club.
- Female Customer in NE Portland (HM) would like to interact in the community more than she currently does. Beach trips, canoeing and live concerts are some of her interests. Mom would like a companion to go with her and her high needs daughter to do fun stuff.
- Male customer in SE Portland (CS) would like someone to assist with smoking cessation and credit counseling. He is also interested in video games and joining social clubs.
- Male customer in NE Portland (CP) would like someone who can participate in more activities with him. His interests include video games, bowling, listening to music, computer training, and street festivals or other community events.
- Male customer living in SE Portland (DS) interested in companionship to attend car shows, play pool, build models/train sets, and drawing. He is also interested in computer training, walking tours, gardening, hiking, fishing, and camping.
- Female customer (KJ) looking for companionship. Interested in zoo trips, beach trips, dances, and music.
- Male customer in Gresham (EN) looking for a volunteer for companionship. Interested in bike rides, going to movies, bowling, hiking, ride MAX, walks around town, gym, zoo, and social events.
- Male customer in NE Portland (TH) looking for a volunteer to help paint his bedroom and put furniture together.
- Male customer in North Portland (IH) looking for someone who can assist with advanced computer training and basketball.
- Male customer in Gresham (SA) looking for a volunteer to help with increasing reading skills. He is also interested in video games.
- Female customer in SE Portland (NC) looking for a volunteer for companionship. Interested in shopping for clothes, watching movies at movie theater, going out to lunch, taking walks, or just chatting about life.
- Female customer in Clackamas (KM) looking for a volunteer for companionship to access the community. Interested in movies, going out to eat, plays, concerts, basic cooking classes, art & crafts. Customer prefers 1:1 or small groups and prefers getting out during summer months.
- Male customer in Sandy (JF) looking for a volunteer for companionship. Interested in playing cards, video games, and arts & crafts.
- Female customer in SE Portland (TG) looking for a volunteer for companionship. Interested in participating in more leisure activities, meeting new people(some anxiety in new situations), social groups, cooking classes, walking tours, basketball, swimming, knitting, book club.
- Male customer in Gresham (SW) looking for a volunteer for companionship. Interested in small group activities such as cooking classes, bowling, swimming, disc golf, video games, and social clubs.
- Female Customer that lives in SE Portland (AB) who is interested in writing as well as learning how to become a better writer (attending author lectures, etc). This customer is also interested in going on walking tours, photography and sharing poetry with other customers.
- Male in NE Portland (OG) interested in a volunteer to help him pursue interests/hobbies outside of his home. His interests include walking tours, cooking classes, volleyball, soccer, badmitton, arts and crafts, gardening, and social clubs.
- Female customer in NE (SH) is interested in eating at restaurants, going to the movies, computer training, cooking classes, gardening and socializing with other people. She is also planning on moving in the future and would need help moving her furniture and other heavy items. She is looking for a commitment of roughly 3 hours per week.
- Female customer (CF) in Gresham seeking a Spanish speaking volunteer who is interested in arts/crafts, soccer, golf, Spanish/English speaking groups for socializing, writing, math, and reading.
- Male customer (MO) in Fairview seeking a volunteer who is interested in traveling, video games, reading novels/comics, cooking classes, photography, and movies.
- Female customer (RS) in North Portland seeking volunteer who is interested in shopping, video games, computers, taking pictures(wants to learn more about photography, cooking, and pottery.
- Male customer in NW Portland (JH) looking for volunteer to play sports such as handball and soccer. He is also interested in computer training, cooking classes, video games, arts & crafts, and book clubs.
- Male customer in SE Portland (JAM) is interested learning the “ins and outs” of his computer and looking to gain the skills to learn more about the capacity of his computer. He works during the week but would like some assistance when he has spare time. He is also interested in bowling, going to movies and any free computer training opportunities.
- Male Customer in SW Portland (RD) enjoys playing the guitar, going out to eat at restaurants, watching sports, playing video games, reading comic books, talking about NFL sports, politics and American History. He is looking for someone who has similar interests to spend his time with doing these things and getting out in the community more.
- Female customer (KG) in SE Portland looking for a volunteer who is interested in church, movies, shopping, karaoke, concerts. Customer is also interested in cooking classes, walking tours, arts & crafts, role playing games, social clubs, and photography.
- Male customer (DR) in NE Portland looking for a volunteer who is interested in group activities such as walking tours, gardening, social clubs, and sports.
- Male customer (MP) in Wilsonville looking for a volunteer who is interested in camping, hiking, going to movies, crabbing, motorcycles, seeing airplanes at the airport, history, pirates. He is interested in spending more time with people his age preferably who do not have a developmental disability. He is also interested in Blazers games, history clubs, photography, and Civil or World War II re enactments.
- Female customer (MV) in Gresham interested in a Gresham Spanish speaking social group, computer training, cooking classes, walking tours, baseball, bicycle group, arts & crafts, book club, gardening, social club.
- Male customer (BR) in NE Portland looking for a volunteer who is interested in walking tours, music (singing, guitar), arts & crafts, video games, bowling, fishing, concerts and live music.
- Female customer (AR) in NE Portland seeking a volunteer for companionship to go to some new places. Interested in computer training, cooking classes, soccer, volleyball, arts & crafts, gardening, photography, and social clubs.
- Male customer (BR) in Oregon City seeking a volunteer for companionship who is interested in fishing, bowling, bike riding, playing video games. He is also interested in computer training, cooking classes, and social clubs in his area.
- Male customer(DQ) in SE Portland seeking a volunteer to play music and/or sing to him occasionally.
- Female customer (AK) in SE Portland is interested in making jewelry, scrapbooking, journaling, hanging out in coffee shops, knitting and any sort of arts and craft projects. She would really like to develop new friendships with others that have the same interest and would need a scribe as she journals. It is important to her to be able to learn from someone who has more experience with the types of activities that she enjoys.
- Female customer (MA) in NW Portland is interested in learning how to swim and would like to find opportunities to volunteer working with infants or the elderly. MA is interested in bowling, shopping for clothes, wii, animals, music (specifically Van Morrison and Moody Blues), collaging, and scrapbooking and would like to work with someone that has those same interests.
The Online Contributer would spend approximately 1-2 hours every week making a weekly contribution to our website, blog, Twitter and Facebook pages. This would include gathering relevant information from other websites, agencies, or government sites, gathering and posting customer/human interest stories, and keeping the public up-to-date on what’s going on in the disabilities community. This could range from 1-10 total posts for the week. They would work with the head of the communications committee and interested staff or board members to assure continuous and relevant posting efforts.
The Videographer would videotape events to post on our online sites/pages – i.e. customer “reporters” at BBQ’s etc.
Customer Education Volunteer–Presenter
A presenter of information around augmentative communication devices; someone to show customers and families options to increase customers’ ability to communicate independently, and demonstrate how the devices work.
Customer Education Volunteer—Marketing and Development
A marketing or development person to assist the Customer Education Committee with expansion, and better advertisement, specifically materials and what the best ways are to reach people (customers and families) and spark their interest in participating in forums.
Focus Group Facilitator
This position would be available to facilitate focus groups with customers, families or providers for the purpose of obtaining information regarding the quality of providers and ways for the brokerage system to improve. Facilitator would need to be available for preparation meetings, the actual meetings and provide follow up reports/documentation. Must have experience facilitating groups of 10 or more people.
Resource Library Volunteer
This position is to help go through our Resource Library where resources are housed in binders. The volunteer will contact each resource to verify they are still around via the internet or phone calls. Once the resource has been confirmed the website can bookmarked (on the resource computer) or the current brochure can be scanned and saved onto the server. Duties include: Update materials located in binders, research and save web information on current and additional resources, scan current documents into Resource Folder on the server. Must have ability to use computer and perform internet searches.
Customer Interaction Volunteers
Volunteers could possibly provide services for customers when there is a need for physical assistance with tasks and there are no other resources that can be utilized without some sort of payment. For instance, transportation to Community Warehouse, help with moving furniture, help shopping for medical supplies, etc. It is impossible to predict what volunteers may be needed for exactly, but those are some examples of things our Flex Fund has paid for in the past because there were no natural supports or other resource that the customer could access.
Volunteer will call lists of customers for a variety of reasons.